Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Red Flash

I'm still in San Antonio and learned that the soda Big Red which I remembered from my childhood has it's origins in Waco, TX not far down the highway from here. However being that I was preoccupied with other things until late today most stores are closed. I went to a nearby vending machine to find something called Red Flash. I had not heard of this drink before.

Red Flash is a Coca-Cola product introduced in the Southwest to compete with Big Red which has a large fan following here due to it's regional origins. Red Flash, is a red cream soda. It has a good amount of carbonation, I'd say just a little more than an average Fanta. This red cream flavor is quite difficult to describe as it does have creamy overtones, but isn't really like a true cream soda. It's probably best described as tasting like "bubblegum". It reminds me of the bubblegum flavorings in many candies and even the bubblegum floride my dentist used to apply to my teeth. The Coca-Cola website describes many of it's drinks, but leaves little about the descrption of this soda. In my opinion, go with the original and support diversity, Coca-Cola has enough market share anyway.

No comments: