Monday, March 8, 2010

Fanta Pineapple

I'm on the road this week in San Antonio for work, so I've got to improvise. Luckily, as San Antonio lies in the South I have access to Fanta Pineapple. Fanta dates back to the 1940's and I will go into their history more in the future, but many of Fanta's wide variety of flavors are only available regionally. Fanta Pineapple is primarily found in the Southwest here in the U.S. as it is targetted towards Latino consumers. Fanta is not the only company which sells product flavors regionally. Hostess has flavors of cupcakes like Dolce de Leche which is also sold in the South.

My first discovery of Fanta Pineapple was on a prior trip for work a few years ago to El Paso where I found it in a local convenience store. I liked it immedately. It is lightly carbonated and very refreshing. It is much sweeter than eating an actual piece of pineapple. It's really like drinking a pineapple Lifesaver candy. I have yet to find Fanta in any of it's current incarnations in glass bottles. The next time you are in the American Southwest or in Latin America, look for this flavor, it's perfect on a warm day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just got back from South Africa, drank pineapple fanta out of glass bottles all week, was wonderful . Wish I could buy it in Kansas.