Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lilt

I hadn't heard of Lilt at all until my last excursion to the UK, despite having been there twice before. Lilt was introduced in 1975, but it's another drink you'll find only in the UK and Ireland. Lilt falls under the umbrella of Coca-Cola. There isn't a long colorful story on the history of drinks introduced by corporate conglomerates like this one, so I can't provide much more information than that. 

What I can tell you is that I liked this soda. I'd venture to call it the UK version of Ski. It has a blend of citrus fruits, including Grapefruit and Pineapple and something called "fruit crush"... which is more information than you'll usually find about what Ski contains. Though for the Ski faithful, you'll note that Lilt is sans fruit pulp. It's a refreshing drink that revitalized me after walking around for a while. The bottle pictured here was purchased and consumed at the Cliffs of Moher. I'd pair this with breakfast foods or drink solo on a hot day. 

No comments: