Saturday, August 13, 2011

Vess Pina Colada

For more on the history of Vess, see my earlier post here.

Now to my recollection, I don't think I've ever actually had a true Pina colada. But I expect a least a little hint of coconut since I've made Pina coladas in a bar I used work at. After opening, it certainly carries the scent of coconut with it and a touch of citrus. It's a very sweet and sugary soda, but not strong in flavor. Although very light, I find it to be pretty pleasant. However all these mass market sodas are made with artificial flavors and I just find that drinking a bottle of chemicals instead of real extracts and natural products takes something away from the indulgence of it. Other than that I could see using this as a quick mixer with some booze or simply a light soda for a hot summer afternoon.

No comments: