Saturday, April 21, 2012

Jones Soda Blue Bubblegum

Another incarnation from Jones Soda. Jones has been around since 1987 and you can read more on them at this post.

This particular blend comes in an unholy bright blue color more reminiscent of a sports drink than a soda. It is well carbonated and does smell of bubblegum. If I had closed my eyes I might have thought a piece of Bazooka Joe's was under my nose. Unfortunately this does not taste as much like bubblegum as it smells. The bubblegum flavor disapates quickly and I'm left with a slightly chemical taste in my mouth and taste buds that feel the slightest bit numb. Once again Jones misses the mark in my opinion. I have to assume that their user-submitted bottle and print ad photos are the only thing selling these sodas from Jones. Better luck next time.

No comments: