Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dang! That's Good Butterscotch Root Beer

Dang! That's Good is a brand name of soda produced by Imperial Flavors, a family-owned business out of Milwaukee that's been around for over 45 years. I was unable to find any specific year that business began or how they entered the beverage market. 

Although better known for their root beer, they also offer this butterscotch concoction. It smells sweet and sugary and reminds me of pudding. I like the level of carbonation and I'm surprised by how much a like it. I was never big on butterscotch pudding as a kid and I think those little candies are kind of gross, but I like this. The smoothness is pleasant but makes me wonder what it would taste like with a sharp flavored root beer behind it. I really don't get a root beer flavor in it, just butterscotch. I find this drink sweet and smooth. This would make a great choice as a dessert drink. 

No comments: