Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tropical Banana

Today's drink is Tropical. This drink is from Honduras, where's it's a popular drink, and comes in two flavors: banana and grape. I haven't been able to uncover much on it's history, though it is produced by Cervecería Hondureña, which is primarily a beer brewery.

The bottles look nice with the soft curves of the twisted glass, even the lip of the bottle is softly curved. The banana scent is very strong. I could smell it immediately when the cap came off and smells very sweet like banana flavored candy. Banana flavored sodas may be popular with some, but it's no reason they aren't big time like grape and orange. To me banana soda just tastes weird, maybe because you're mind doesn't expect such a flavor from a liquid. Not much to say here really because it's not something I would drink regularly. A few swigs is interesting though. It's just to strange and strong for my particular taste.

No comments: