Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sprecher Ravin' Red

Ravin' Red is a cranberry-cherry blend flavor from Sprecher. You'll find more on Sprecher at this link for the first Sprecher I reviewed. I'm not sure if they've recently expanded their flavor line up or not, but I hadn't seen this one before. 

I expected a strong aroma from this, but got almost none. What I smelled was something akin to a honey-cream scent. I find this blend interesting. I enjoy cherry and cranberry, but the blend is strange. The tastes seem to shift in that I pick up cranberry, then might get a strong cherry hint followed by something of a cherry-cream. The drink is tart, as you'd expect from either cherry or cranberry. This is a novel try at something usual but I don't think they pulled it off well. I don't think I'll be buying another 4-bottle pack. I am glad to have tried it though I think Sprecher does better on other options.

No comments: