Saturday, September 24, 2022

Private Selection Creamy Ginger Root Beer

The first Private Select soda I reviewed was way back in 2017. This is a private label of soda flavors from the Kroger grocery chain.

I find that it has plenty of carbonation. The bizarre thing to me, as I hold it under my nose, is the smell. It smells like a jar of Vick's VapoRub. Something about this combination of flavors has created a scent that makes my brain immediately imagine that oily mentholatum rub. The flavor is strange as well. When it hits my mouth I pick up the creamy sort of taste you'd expect from a cream soda. But it quickly switches to an aromatic blend of root beer and ginger. This after taste makes me think it isn't the cream flavoring but the unique mix of ginger and root beer providing that methol-like smell. I don't particularly care for the taste, but it's so uniquely bizarre. 

No comments: