Sunday, January 1, 2023

Boylan Sparkling Cider

I've reviewed some other flavors from Boylan in the past, the first being back in 2010. They've proved to have some decent options and I've seen their bottles pop up in some specialty restaurants from time to time. 

I'd actually expected a crisp apple aroma from this bottle since it has that clear amber color that evokes fresh apple juice. Instead, the scent is much more like the kind of fresh pressed cider pulp you might get from a refreshment stand at an autumn fair, a touch woody. Once I taste it, I find it's bringing me somewhere in the middle. More crisp like an apple juice but still hints of an October cider press. The tiny bubbles of carbonation and a touch of sweetness, rather than sour, provide a nice little lift at the end of each sip. 

No comments: