Monday, April 17, 2023

Ale 81 Orange Cream

Ale 81 has traditionally been well known for their ginger ale-like soda, so I was a little taken aback when I learned they had released additional flavors for the first time around 2018. This orange cream was initially a limited edition release, but brought back as a permanent flavor to their line up. 

The bottle has a crisp carbonation release and presents the aroma of those orange cream sherbet push-pops that I always remember when I smell a nice orange cream soda. It does have a decent orange cream flavor, though it feels a tad weak. Frankly, for a bottle that reads "no artificial flavors" the finish of a swig tastes a bit chemical. So while I consider it a decent effort, in my opinion there are better orange cream sodas if that's the flavor you're after. 

No comments: