Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Jones Soda Key Lime 3.14

On the footsteps of another Key Lime flavored soda, I'm tasting another special release from Jones Soda. Based on the label, I'm guessing this was a release for Pi Day, (March 14th, 3/14). 

A nice loud crack from the escape of carbonation when opening a bottle is always satisfying. I'm a little more concerned though about the radioactive green color of this soda though. I find the bottle has very little to smell. I've really got to inhale deeply to try to sense it. Tipping back the bottle really releases a lot of carbonation bubbles despite looking flat when it just sits on the table. The carbonation really comes alive on your tongue. This bottle tastes nothing like a key lime pie to me, or even like other key lime sodas I've had. This is a very puckering sour lime taste. If you like sour, and some folks do this might be for you. I however, don't really enjoy this bottle and wouldn't want to sip it on the deck on a warm night and suggested giving it a pass. 

No comments: