Sunday, August 13, 2023

Boom Chugga Lugga Cherry Ginger Ale

This soda comes to us from Cherry Republic, which began in 1989. The area around Glen Arbor and Traverse City in Michigan grows a great deal of cherry groves, primarily known for tart cherries, some other varieties are also found as well. Cherry Republic sells a wide assortment of cherry flavored foods, condiments, candies and gifts, sodas just being one of them. 

This bottle has the color of a ginger ale rather than a typically pink or red hued cherry soda. Upon opening this bottle the smell actually seems more like a cream soda. It has plenty of carbonation, but I think the flavor is off for some reason. If I hold it in my mouth a while and focus I can pick up some cherry. Maybe this bottle was not stored in optimal conditions or something. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. If I make it back up into that region of Michigan again I'll look to do a new tasting if I can find it.

No comments: