Saturday, March 27, 2010

Crush Cherry

It seems like all sodas with a fruit flavored line up started with orange, and Crush is no different. And just like Fanta, Crush now has a wide variety of flavors, though many are only available in specific regions. Crush began in 1916 as Ward's Orange Crush but is currently owned by the Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

This was my first taste of Crush Cherry. I found it at a small gas station during one of my forays into downtown for work. Any time I need to pull off the road for a quick stop or have a few minutes to kill I like to pop my head into small gas stations along the highway or in parts of town I don't often frequent because you never know what they are going to have in their refrigerators. I have found everything from obscure glass bottled sodas to my first tastes of Fanta Pineapple.  So if you're looking for something different I advise you to do the same.

I found Crush Cherry to have the scent of grenadine and an average level of carbonation, maybe even a bit on the low level for a plastic bottled soda. It has a very rich cherry flavoring that might even make some people sick after drinking too much. It's similar to drinking cherry flavored candy. I know I've used that analogy before but sometimes the sweetness of a beverage only lends itself to that kind of connection. All in all it's not a bad departure for someone that already enjoys cherry cola.

No comments: