Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mountain Dew SuperNova/Pitch Black

Today I'm sampling two variants of Mountain Dew

Mountain Dew Pitch Black was released as a limited edition in 2004 for Halloween, but re-released in 2011. It has a candy-sweet grape aroma... sweeter smelling than a plain grape soda. The label states it has a blast of black grape. I've heard of black cherries, but not black grapes. However, it is a dense grape taste very much like the difference between cherry and black cherry. I quite like it, and think it great for a Halloween party. 

Mountain Dew SuperNova was originally released as a limited edition in 2008, and also re-released in 2011. Strangely, this soda comes with a touch of ginseng added in. What their intentions were with the ginseng I don't know. It has a translucent purple coloring of a gummy worm and actually smells like a fresh gummy worm too. Now the label says its a strawberry melon flavor. The strawberry is very hard to detect, it's much more citrusy flavored and does remind me of those gummy worms I used to enjoy as a kid. It's not a bad flavor but one I would only drink a little of on any occasion.

No comments: