Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Dry Malali Watermelon

I can't say I've ever had a watermelon flavored soda in my life. The sodas from Dry seem to be in a perpetual re-branding since the labels seem to change so often. You can see my first post on Dry Juniper soda here, and my second on Dry Blood Orange here

Their watermelon smells exactly like cutting into a ripe watermelon. This bottle has ample carbonation. Like the other flavors of Dry, their flavor profiles are light. Its almost remiss to call it a soda as its closer to a seltzer water. However, there's a touch of aftertaste to this which reminds me of tonic water. Tonic water is a bit bitter due to quinine. It isn't a bad soda, but true to the original intent of Dry it seems better suited as mixer or use as a cooking ingredient.

No comments: