Sunday, March 3, 2024

Coca-Cola Y3000

Here we go with another limited edition flavor variety from Coca-Cola. While I look forward to trying to flavors, I absolutely hate these abstract names they give them. Of course that's part of their marketing, an undescriptive name means almost anyone would be willing to try it because they don't know if the flavor is off-putting or not until they taste it. 

This bottle has a herb-like scent to it. I'm having trouble placing what it is. It reminds me of tea, it's both a bit woody and a bit flowery? Taking a swig, it's odd to me that a drink with the text "Futuristic Flavored" on the bottle the name Y3000, as if it were some sort of robot, has such an old-world taste. The more of it I drink, the more it conjures imagery of cedar. Regardless, I find it pleasing. I think this would actually be nice to have as a permanent flavor. I find Coca-Cola varietals are often too strong. This is nice enough that it still tastes like a cola and is nice to sip on without getting sickening, nor bored of it. 

No comments: