Thursday, March 7, 2024

Limca

Limca is a lemon-lime soda created by what was then known as Parle Bisleri, headed by Ramesh Chauhan. The story has it that Chauhan asked for the recipe for Duke's Lemonade from Duke and Sons, a well-established Indian beverage company. When Duke and Sons turned him down, Chauhan had Parle Bisleri introduce their Limca brand in 1977. In 1992, Limca was later bought by Coca-Cola in a story, I'll discuss in my next post

The scent from this can is very much like a cleaning product while the color is best described as an icy or cloudy white. I'm definitely picking up the lemon and lime flavors, but I find them muted. A friend said this would have a strong flavor but I'm not getting that. There is a strong forward flavor but it isn't lemon or lime. It's almost herb-like at the beginning and for some reason reminds me of the smell of the bottom of a woman's purse. And the taste you pick up from candy your grandmother pulled out of her purse. It's such a unique profile, but nothing like the lemon-lime sodas I'm used to. 

No comments: