Monday, April 30, 2012

Shirakiku Pineapple

Another bottle of Japanese ramune. If this is the first of these you've seen then check out the first post about this particular brand and bottle style at the link here. There are a few other posts on ramune you can explore by using the article "tags" at the bottom of each post.

I was looking forward to trying this drink because I've liked many previous ramune beverages from the Shirakiku line-up, but this one is strange. It smells more like a melon flavored drink. Indeed, there is also a touch of melon in the flavor as well as that of apple juice. But it doesn't invoke any sense of pineapple to me. I'm not saying it is necessarily bad, but it's just not very crisp, no very carbonated and not like pineapple. I can't recommend it, but if you're curious, try it.

No comments: