Monday, May 21, 2012

Stewart's Cream Soda

Frank Stewart was just a teacher when he opened a root beer stand in Mansfield, Ohio to make money on the side. Until 1990 Stewart's Root Beer was only available at Stewart's root beer stands and Stewart's Drive-Ins. The Cable Car Beverage Co. licensed the bottling rights and starting selling it elsewhere that year. Other flavors appeared starting in 1992. In 2000, the company was sold to Cadbury Schweppes.

I'll admit upfront that I love the line up from Stewart's. This flavor gives a frothy vanilla cream scent with the perfect flavor and color to match. It's a close to an ideal cream soda flavor as I can imagine, as though they actually melted vanilla ice cream in it before putting the cap on the bottle. Maybe the reason they make so many of their flavors "something"-and-cream because they know they have got the cream taste down pat. As a graphic artist I also have to point out that I like the little icons they have on each of their bottles. It may not be blue or red... but this is the beverage I usually compare other cream soda drinks to, so if you've never had it, get some to taste. 

No comments: