Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Chocolate-Covered Maple Smoked Bacon Soda

Here we have an interesting concoction from Real Soda. If you've followed my blog in the past you may recall Real Soda makes a very interesting variety of labels and flavors. To be honest I've been dreading tasting this one. I know bacon lovers out there will love the very idea of it, but I'm just wondering how well the flavor of bacon transfers to a drink. Not to mention, I have felt quite sick to my stomach after tasting some chocolate sodas before. 

When I opened this bottle my nose was no where near the cap, yet I immediately sensed a small smell of chocolate. I whiff near the nose of the bottle gives the same smell you get when ripping open a pack of that powdered hot chocolate mix. The smell of the chocolate powder is intense enough that it covers pretty much any other scents, but quaffing it enough I can sense a slight maple syrup scent. Ok the flavor is a mélange of senses that kind of confuse my brain for a moment. A swig immediately gives off the taste of cocoa, followed shortly by the taste of maple syrup. It's the aftertaste that later gives a flash of burnt chocolate that then subsides into the taste of bacon. It's an interesting feat to have all these combined in one bottle like this. While it's not something I'm going to sit around and sip on everyday, the novelty and chaos it provides the taste buds is enough that I'd recommend trying it once if you see a bottle somewhere. 

No comments: