Monday, October 3, 2022

Cicero Beverage Co. Caramel Apple

West-Southwest of downtown Chicago, Illinois is the neighborhood of Cicero. My grandfather was born in Berwyn directly next to Cicero and later lived there as well so I had to pick up this bottle when I found it, though I can't even recall where I found it. Unfortunately, the website for the company is no longer active and the domain name appears up for grabs so I fear they've gone belly up. 

This drink smells of candied apples alright, like a sweet hard candy version. The more I inhale it the more I pick up the faint notes of caramel. Whether that translates into the taste is yet to be seen. That first swig is a punch. It's quite sour, but I think the taste is much more like candied apples than caramel apples. There's little carbonation, but it's clearly visible. It's just not very appetizing, perhaps that is why their web domain is no longer in use.

No comments: