Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Cawston Press Elderflower Lemonade

Cawston Press is located in the UK and opened shop in 1986 with an apple orchard. This particular can is labeled as being made in the Netherlands, but I believe they have some other facilities in Europe as well. While listed as sparkling juice, I basically consider any beverage that is carbonated and non-alcoholic a soda. By definition, it's a soft drink, but I use the term soda. In any case, Cawston Press has several flavors of both regular juice as well as sparkling juices, such as this one. All of which are made by pressing real fruit and no added sugar or sweeteners. 

There is a fresh lemony scent upon opening. A sip comes across a bit sour, but that is owing to the fact that most beverages are so sugary that tasting naturally sweet flavors are duller in comparison. I taste the lemon quite strongly. I think the pressed apple juice in the ingredients does come through in the background. The sourness reminds me quite a bit of a hoppy beer. I can't really pick up the elderflower. Maybe its being masked by the lemon. All in all, it's a decent, naturally made sparkling lemonade. Since I had to purchase this in a pack, it will make a nice drink in the summer heat to mix things up every now and then. 

No comments: