Thursday, April 13, 2023

Fanta ? #WhatTheFanta

A mysterious, radioactive blue option from the folks at Fanta comes to me in this bottle. A variety of Fanta flavors have graced the blog before but this is something unexpected in a mystery flavor. 

Unsealing the cap a strong whiff gives hints of both powdered sugar and something akin to the smell from a bottle of chewable vitamins. I think the flavor is like a blueberry/citrus-cream, though not very nice. Something about the Zero sugar sodas from Coca-Cola always taste off to me. After getting my own impression, I decided to search Twitter for the hashtag on the label... #WhatTheFanta and see that there are different colors available in different areas. I would think perhaps they used the same flavor but just colored them differently? One post mentioned rhubarb, and they might not be incorrect there. It's not forthcoming, but that combined with a cheap cream soda flavor could be a good description. In any case, its not a pleasant flavor in my opinion.

No comments: