Friday, June 28, 2024

Jones Soda Watermelon

A summertime quaff from the folks at Jones Soda. Since I've discussed Jones Soda before, I'll get straight to the tasting. 

This soda has a surprisingly fresh and accurate smell of watermelon. I think if you were blind folded the smell would fool you into thinking someone was holding a slice of melon in front of you. The color is a bit cartoonish though, almost a bubblegum pink. I'm a little let down by the flavor. It has plenty of carbonation but the front side of a healthy swig is somewhere between flavorless and bitter like a tonic water. Washing it further over all parts of my tongue I get more bitterness, but the finish is where the watermelon flavor comes through. So it's not very satisfying with each sip, instead you've got to live with more of an aftertaste than enjoyment of the drink itself. Nonetheless, it's not as if it's a gross flavor but one I'm not wild on. It will make for an interesting beverage to include at a summer picnic or cookout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment