Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cricket White Peach

Cricket released it's first soda beverage in 2002 with an aim to make a cola healthier than your average soda. Their soda's contain no phosphoric acids, high-fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors or artificial colors. Their sodas are also enhanced with 2 cups of green tea.

Today I am tasting their White Peach variety for the first time. My first impression upon opening was a nice carbonation release. A nice amount of carbonation, which is different since I find fruitier flavors tend to have less carbonation than your colas and root beers. It has a nice peachy aroma. You can also tell right away that their claims of no artificial flavors are true because there is actual fruit pulp in this drink. It's not orange juice pulp, but there is fruit sediment in the drink when means you should tip the bottle before opening to let it mix, but don't shake it. I am not one for drinking tea, hot or iced, and this drink has a definite tea finish. After the fruit flavor passes the tongue you will taste the tea in the mix. I have to say though that the novelty of a peach soda offers a nice change. It instantly reminds me of hot summers as a kid with a bowl of cold fruit salad. I image this would be a great drink for a hot July afternoon.

No comments: