Monday, May 22, 2023

Barr Bubblegum

Another soda to grace the blog from Barr. I spotted this one on the shelf and had to grab it knowing I probably would loathe the taste. It was hard to miss with that color. Many of Barr's sodas seem to be on the cheaper end of the spectrum, such as this one.

Bubblegum is usually such a cloying sugary taste that I went into this fully expecting not to like it. Flavors like this often make adults sick to their stomach quickly, but I was willing to give it a try. The smell reminds me of Kool-Aid made with copious amounts of sugar with a hint of that smell of cheap Bazooka bubblegum hiding in the background. Indeed, its close in taste to cheap, penny bubblegum like Bazooka or that circus stuff thrown out to kids at parades. It is powerfully sugary in nature and I'm sick of it after just a few sips. 

No comments: