Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Fanta Pineapple & Grapefruit (Lilt)

Imagine my surprise when I thought I'd discovered another new Fanta flavor on my latest trip in the UK. I was pretty exited, but later noticed the Lilt logo on the side. A short google later I discovered that Coca-Cola has merely relabeled the old Lilt brand as a new Fanta flavor. Apparently, lagging sales for Lilt meant that Coca-Cola came up with bringing it under the Fanta label. I'm unsure how they think the same flavor would perform differently being called something else, but I could be totally wrong about that since Fanta is a powerful brand worldwide. 

Since I reviewed Lilt many years ago there's little more to mention on it. It does release a very audible amount of carbonation when opening. The taste is as described. It's quite citrus in nature tasting of about equal amounts of grapefruit and pineapple, both soda flavors I enjoy, but this is noticeable less sugary than it might be if similarly released in the US. Still a good drink in my opinion and another nice choice for breakfast. 

No comments: