Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dry Blood Orange Soda

This is the second flavor from Dry that I've gotten my hands on. For more about Dry, see my previous post here regarding Dry Juniper.

Since my last review, the Dry lineup appears to have undergone a design makeover with a slightly less minimalist, Bauhaus feel. Normally I find the blood orange variety of orange sodas to be very delicious. However, this particular offering is sour and also finishes with a less than friendly tinge of quinine. Without knowing the exact intent of those who mixed this flavor, I know that Dry has a niche target for mixers and cooking uses. Which is what I'm chalking this flavor up to. Sodas are often used as mixers for other beverages and so there is a gray area which they sometimes cross. Because I have an interest in sodas I have to be willing to come across the occasional bottle which may not be intended to be sipped directly but nonetheless is a carbonated non-alcoholic beverage. It's a delight to see the carbonated bubbles in this crystal clear drink in it's clear glass though.

No comments: