Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Jones Soda Orange Chocolate

A new bottle appeared at the grocery store yesterday. I've reviewed plenty of flavors from Jones Soda, some okay and others appalling. Of course I had to pick up a new flavor, but I'm not looking forward to tasting it. I think I have some PTSD from some of the horrendous chocolate sodas I've had before. 

Upon opening it, the smell of chocolate powder is overwhelming. When drinking, I pick up orange notes first, followed by chocolate, but then a sort of sourness in the finish. The chocolate tastes as a cheaper powder you'd expect from inexpensive candies, not like that of a rich cocoa powder. It's not abhorrent, but I remain unconvinced that anyone should be putting chocolate flavor in a carbonated beverage, let alone mixed with orange. Yes, it's novel, but I'd give it a skip. 


No comments: