Sunday, March 3, 2024

Fanta ? Zero Sugar #WhatTheFanta

One more for the Fanta fans. All cards on the table, I picked up this bottle just before last Halloween, hence the label design, but had forgotten it in the fridge. I would hope that it would be a different flavor than the last 'Fanta ?' I reviewed, but they can pretty much color them however they like without affecting the taste so who knows. Regardless of the flavor, this one is different in that it is the zero sugar sort, so even if they've flavored them alike they'll probably be a difference simply because the sweeteners they use affect the taste too. Let's open it up and see what this one's all about then.

It has a faint blueberry-like smell and although it looks positively black, when I pour a bit out, it's a very, very dark blue. Still plenty of carbonation in it. It's easy to tell that it's a zero sugar drink due to that chemical-like change you get from the flavor. The same quality found in zero sugar Canada Dry Ginger Ale. This is the very reason I don't care for the drinks labeled "zero" or "zero sugar". I usually find drinks labeled "diet" more enjoyable. As for the berry flavoring, I'd describe it as a sort of mixed-berry flavor, but heavy on darker berries like blueberry and blackberry. If it used high-fructose corn syrup or cane sugar it would be more likeable in my opinion.

No comments: