Saturday, March 2, 2024

Mountain Dew Baja Blast

One of Mountain Dew's earlier flavor varieties, Baja Blast was originally available only at Taco Bell as a brand tie in. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Baja Blast flavor which is spread into things besides drinks in over the last two decades. I once saw a shop with a Baja Blast flavored sorbet.

It has a citrusy-lime scent that also strangely reminds me of cheap cologne whenever I smell it. Depending on the way the light strikes, it may appear light green or with an unnatural teal tint. These sort of "lab-grown" flavors can always be difficult to describe. It's "tropical" like mixed drink you'd expect from a Caribbean resort with a bunch of fruit and umbrellas sticking out of the glass. I find in addition to a frosty-lime flavor I get hints of cucumber and watermelon at times. It's not a bad flavor, but isn't the kind of thing I normally seek out. When you taste it you understand why it quickly became a mixer for alcohol. 

No comments: