Cracking open the bottle I got a sense like that of being in a flower market. Getting a good whiff or two, sometimes I smell lemonade but at other times its flowery and perfumelike. The flavor is intensely floral at first. It takes 30 seconds or so after a taste before a lemon flavor rises in the mouth. I feel like this should have a common ancestor with the Austrian Almdudler due to their similar floral notes. There's a flash that brings me to thinking of lemon Pledge furniture polish, but it disappears as quickly as it pops up. It's a very unique flavor to me and surely one of the more interesting global options of Fanta. I'm not sure what I would even suggest pairing this with other than maybe some toast. If you get the chance, it's certainly worth a taste.
Thursday, September 24, 2026
Fanta Shokata
This one was a little bit of a mystery at first. I bought this bottle in Germany, but it has Cyrillic markings on the bottle with a sticker over the back that obviously indicates it was imported. Shokata means nothing to me and the graphic shows a lemon. After close inspection I picked out the word 'Holunderblüten', which is German for elderflower and this jives with what I previously thought was a splash or something in the graphic but beside the lemon is a flower. So, my initial suspicion that this might be some sort of 'blue berry' flavor of some type is more likely just a blue plastic bottle with a white soda inside. Although purchased in Germany, I suspect this is an Eastern European marketed flavor from Fanta.
Labels:
elderflower,
Fanta,
Germany
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment