On my recent trip to Sweden I found this can of Zingo at one of the train station cafes. Zingo has been made in Sweden since the 1950's. It would seem every source online discussing Zingo mentions that it was originally called Ingo Soda, named after Swedish boxer Ingemar "Ingo" Johansson. Other sources say this is untrue citing the trademark of the name prior to that. But there is no mention as to whether the name Zingo applied to some other product. There also appears to be an unrelated Zingo soda in India. Apelsin is Swedish for orange and can be found in other European countries spelled as 'appelsin'. Today it is produced in Falkenberg by Carlsberg.
I didn't find this soda to be carbonated enough. Like most orange sodas in throughout Europe this is markedly more like orange juice than American orange sodas. In fact, it tastes remarkably like orange juice and makes for an excellent breakfast soda. Unfortunately, I could not find the non-zero Original.
No comments:
Post a Comment