Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Caruso's Legacy Robusto Root Beer

A look into the history of this soda, which I had previously never heard of, reveals very little. It is bottled by the Wit Beverage Company and states that Caruso's has been handed down for three generations, yet I can find nothing about these Caruso's. I could be wrong but based on this, I wonder if the Caruso's were invented for marketing purposes. If I can discover differently perhaps I can emend this post later and will welcome any contact from readers. 

The aroma is bold and creamy. The drink has very little carbonation for a root beer, however the flavor is appealing and has that old world distinction you want from a good root beer. If you like A&W, you'll also enjoy this as the flavors are similar, but there is the tiniest hint of anise at the finish of this particular brand. This will pair nicely with any red meat based meal. 

No comments: