Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Mtn Dew Baja Point Break Punch

This is a 20th Anniversary of Mtn Dew's Baja Blast and part of celebration is a number of "Baja" themed flavors, including this one. 

The drink's color is very similar to several other flavors they've made in the last several years, all in the orange-red range. This one takes on a sort of pink highlighter color when backlit from my computer screen. On opening, it does have a sort of fruit punch smell, but also a little musty and I'm not sure why. It reminds me of the combination of smelling fresh fruit, but then smelling the fruit rind. Unfortunately, I'm not digging the flavor. It's reminiscent of medicine, like a cheap cough syrup. And if you thought 44g of sugar for a can was a lot, this bottle states that the serving size is the full 20oz bottle with a whopping 74g of sugar! I'd just skip it if I were you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment