Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Mtn Dew Purple Thunder

I had hoped this flavor mutation from Mtn Dew was going to be something along the lines of a grape, but in fact the label says this is "berry plum". Which is both a disappointment and intriguing because I can't recall anyone else working with plum in the soda space. Keeping in line with my last couple of posts I'll report that this bottle is listed as a single serving at 270 calories and 73g of sugar, which is 146% of the recommended daily allowance.

It's definitely a mixed berry aroma, not sure I can pick out anything plum-like. It has good carbonation. The taste is interesting. It doesn't come across as anything very natural. I've only ever eaten yellow plums so I can't be sure how close it comes to attaining a plum taste. It may be entirely imaginary but my tongue feels ever so slightly numb after tasting a few swigs. Overall it's a decent flavor but I'm not sure the sugar levels and artificial everything make it worth more than a small tasting unless you're already a regular Mtn Dew fiend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment