Sunday, September 18, 2022

1893 Original Cola from Pepsi

 

Here's the final flavor in the 1893 series I was able to get. Unfortunately the Black Currant Cola was not easy to locate. I imagine if they released this series at all in the UK it would have been a popular flavor there because there are a number of popular drinks with currant flavoring there. 

So this particular can describes a "dark brown malt flavor" as well as "a touch of aromatic bitters", both of which are already giving me some ideas of what to expect. Of the flavors in this 1893 series this one has that smell of Pepsi cola. I would not say it has a very malt-like taste. However, the bitters a very forward but not too strong. It does conjure an "old-world" feel to it. I think this would be a really nice permanent flavor. 

No comments: