Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Pepsi Wild Cherry

Just a short time ago I finally posted on classic Pepsi cola here. Now we come to Pepsi Wild Cherry... released in 1988, though for some reason I recall the novelty of tasting a Pepsi Cherry my mother brought back from Canada around or before that time that was not labeled "Wild". In any case, this was a catch-up effort three years after Coca-Cola had launched Cherry Coke in 1985. 

What I'm most excited about was that I was able to find this in a glass bottle. As mentioned in the original Pepsi post, it's much harder to find Pepsi in glass bottles than Coke products, though a lot of that is due to infiltration of so-called "Mexican Coke". So it was something of a small victory for me when I found this. 

Most of these well-known flavors from already popular brands don't really need a taste review since most people know what they taste like. This bottle has a light cherry scent, carried by heavy carbonation. The carbonation consists of pleasantly tiny bubbles, unlike some of the big bubbles you often get from soda fountains. It's been a long time since I tasted Pepsi Wild Cherry... and it's a more subtly cherry flavor than I remember, and I like it. 

No comments: