Sunday, July 30, 2023

Capone Family Secret Root Beer

Well, this company doesn't appear to exist any longer, yet here I have a bottle of Capone Family Secret Root Beer. Did they have other flavors? Based on an unmaintained Facebook page, that hasn't been updated since 2013, they had a few standard flavor options. I have no idea where I picked up this bottle but it must have been around a while. The print on the side of the bottle isn't legible to read any date. Oh well, glass bottled sodas can last for ages when they are well sealed since glass is not gas permeable, which sounds like a topic to address in a future post. 

I don't know if it's just past its prime or it wasn't a good root beer to begin with. It tastes old and stale but with a slight metallic taste. Oh well, it made the post, but I'm dumping the rest of it. If the label is any indication, it was probably a pretty generic tasting root beer even at its best. 

No comments: