Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Sprecher Citrus Splash

A newly found variety from the folks at Sprecher graces the blog today. This bottle screams "caffeinated" right on the bottle, but I do not recall the previous sodas from Sprecher that I've tried being caffeine free. I'll have to try to remember to look for that on other bottles from them in the future to see. The label states this 16oz bottle has 93mg of caffeine. For comparison, 16oz of Pepsi has 51mg of caffeine. A light lime scent emanates from the top of the bottle and it carries a lemony yellow color. Unfortunately, I find this bottle quite lacking in carbonation. Its certainly there, but I think it could use more. Sprecher offers some rich flavor options, but honestly, I don't think this is one of their better flavors. It's a very non-specific "citrus" flavor in that I don't really taste a specific sort of citrus fruit. Instead I'd say it's trying to be a little more like Mountain Dew and it falls short of that. The "citrus-iness" is weak. In the end I think its just okay but I recommend passing this bottle up for something else.

No comments: