Friday, July 14, 2023

Fanta Banana

Here we are with another Fanta flavor. I found this can on one of my recent travels. Banana is a dicey flavor for anything. It's the kind of flavor that is very hit or miss. Based on the can's labeling, this flavor is available in the Caribbean. I've noted that instead of listing high fructose corn syrup within the ingredients, they list sugar. One might assume that means cane sugar, but when that's the case most brands proudly slap "pure cane sugar" somewhere on the packaging. So maybe it's just plain white sugar??? 

The scent is very much like banana candy in that it smells overtly sugary and ultra "banana-y". I find the taste unexpected. Based on the overpowering aroma I thought this would be a punch in the gob. Instead it's got a softer fruit flavoring. It reminds me of tasting the slices of banana out of a fruit salad/ambrosia when it's covered in the juices from other fruit. I taste a hint of citrus and something like the tiniest iota of strawberry or pear. Sipping it seems best. A big swig or washing it over the back sides of the tongue reveal a bit stronger punch of that candy banana. 


No comments: