Monday, July 17, 2023

Dr Pepper Strawberries & Cream

Just the other week a new bottle appeared at the grocery store, this Stawberries & Cream variant of Dr Pepper. More on the history of Dr Pepper can be found on my previous post, here. I really dislike the shape of the plastic Dr Pepper bottles these days. The upper dome at the top pushes your hand up and like many other brands these days the caps are too round and smooth making them harder to open. I don't know why they do this. 

The aroma from the bottle reminds me of the strawberry gel filling in Little Debbie's Stawberry Shortcake Rolls. I healthy sized swig does in fact taste a lot like those Little Debbie snacks... with the taste of washing it down with a bit of Dr Pepper. I like the level of carbonation, its very on par with regular Dr Pepper. I find the flavor dissipates quickly after swallowing, but then a moment later a delayed kick of strong strawberry aftertaste washes over my taste buds. It's a tasty drink, a sipper to drink over time in my opinion because it is sugary and a full bottle may be sickening by the end. Sipping it over time would be my suggestion as long as it stays cold. Overall it's a pleasant soda. 

No comments: